Subaru has launched the new generation of its best-selling Forester All-Wheel Drive wagon, featuring fantastic new technologies, including the brand’s first-ever driver recognition system, enhancing convenience and safety.
The fifth-generation Forester Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) debuts with the Subaru Driver Monitoring System – Driver Focus (DMS) – enabling drivers to personalise cabin preferences – a first for a mainstream brand in Australia.
DMS is just one of many significant advances that underline Forester’s status as a leader in its class for driving fun, safety, whole-of-life value and sure-footed performance both on and off-road.
Among the other Forester highlights:
- 90 per cent new direct injection engine – significantly more responsive and efficient, with 136 Kilowatts of power (+7.9 per cent) and 239 Newtonmetres of torque (+1.7 per cent).
- Seven-speed manual mode – ultra-reliable Lineartronic™ Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) upgraded for more sporty response.
- EyeSight® driver assist – now standard across the entire Forester range, with new features that:
o Place Subaru at the forefront of mainstream brands for customer uptake of the award-winning tech, based on sales volume.
o Bring yet more safety to the masses.
- Roomiest Forester yet – distance extended between front and rear passengers.
o Fantastic family flexibility, thanks to efficiencies gained from the Subaru Global Platform.
o Larger, wider cargo area with easier access.
o Forester 2.5i Premium AWD and 2.5i-S AWD have a smoother, faster operating powered cargo door.
- X-Mode – with new features and functionality for even better sure-footed performance on challenging surfaces.
- Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB) – helps to avoid collisions and reduce damage
o Debuts in Forester 2.5i-L, 2.5i Premium and 2.5i-S
- Infotainment – Adds digital radio to Forester for the first time.
o Continues the trend of Impreza and XV in offering the very latest in cabin convenience and entertainment.
o Includes Apple CarPlay™ and Google Android Auto™ connectivity.
- Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-Drive) – Making its debut in Forester 2.5i Premium and 2.5i-S, SI-Drive is optimized to improve fuel efficiency in I mode and increase engine speed in S mode, for even greater responsiveness.
- Wider field of vision – Subaru Corporation claims class-leading field-of-vision
- Steering responsive LED headlights (SRH) – across the entire Forester range.
- Approach and departure angles – optimized in line with proper SUV ability.
- Electronic parking brake – new to Forester, for added convenience.
Other key Forester facts:
- Latest application of the renowned Subaru Global Platform, which has won accolades for dynamic performance and sophistication.
- Interior quality – vast improvements, reflecting Subaru Corporation’s quality commitment.