Mitsubishi Debuts New Pajero Sport
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) has globally launched the new Pajero Sport, in Thailand. The Pajero Sport is now available to customers in the Thai market, and the Australian specification of the vehicle is expected to reach Australian consumers in early 2020.
New Pajero Sport adopts a more refined, powerful appearance, complemented with a refreshed interior that delivers quality and comfort.
Designers have added a new digital instrument display and an easy-to-read 8-inch color LCD screen complete with Apple and Android link functionality.
For improved ease of use, the tailgate is now power operated and can be opened via a number of clever options, including with foot motion or via their Mitsubishi smartphone app.
The Pajero Sport is one of Mitsubishi’s global strategic models and has approximate 77,000 units sold globally in Japan fiscal 2018. Manufactured at Laem Chabang plant of Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd., the company’s local production and distributor, the new Pajero Sport will eventually be sold in approximately 90 countries including Australia.
The new Pajero Sport continues the Pajero series’ trademark off-road capability, reliability and durability in a large 4×4.
It was redesigned with the theme of Elevate your Journey, which led designers to refine the exterior, and choose additional high quality and comfortable interiors with advanced functionality. The new Pajero Sport is created to assist the drivers’ desire for exploration and adventure:
(1) Exterior design accentuates wide, sculptured and powerful appearance
- The Mitsubishi Motors’ signature Dynamic Shield front-view design concept has been further evolved on the new Pajero Sport while securing good visibility, emphasizing the sense of wideness with the headlights continuing from the front grille and the combination lamps at the bumper corners. The higher bonnet of the vehicle exhibits a deeper front face, while a chrome highlight design projects a more refined, sophisticated appearance.
(2) Advanced and convenient new components
- Introduction of a new digital instrument cluster in the dash
- Easy-to-read 8-inch Smartphone-Link Display Audio (SDA)
- Power Tailgate (with safety protection mechanism) and a new hands-free feature
- Optional Mitsubishi Remote Control offers a number of functions that facilitate ease of access. It will send notification to the driver’s smartphone to lock the doors via the app when the driver leaves the vehicle with the doors unlocked. The power tailgate can be opened or closed by smartphone. In addition, the tailgate reservation system can be preset by smartphone anywhere, which enables the driver to open or close the tailgate automatically when he/she approaches or leaves the vehicle. The keyless operation system is effective between the vehicle and within Bluetooth* operating range.
(3) High quality and comfortable interior
- Refreshed floor console and soft padded interior door handles enhance the overall interior look with quality and comfort.
- Storage tray that sits under the floor console can be accessible from left and right sides. New AC power outlet added on the existing USB plug at the console rear panel improves usability for all passengers.
(4) Integrated vehicle performance
- The 2.4L MIVEC turbo diesel and an 8-speed automatic transmission delivers excellent environmental and smooth performance.
- Enhanced safety features with the addition of Lane Change Assist (LCA) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) functions.
- The new Pajero Sport retains the Super-Select 4WD-II system that delivers optimal traction for all surfaces and confidence-inspiring handling characteristics.
*Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc. of America and is used by MMC under license.