Nissan Patrol Celebrates Record-Breaking Year With Updated MY22 Model
The Nissan Patrol is celebrating a record-breaking year in Australia, with more people choosing the comfortable and capable Y62 Patrol in 2021 than in any other year on record. Last year also saw the highest sales of the Patrol Wagon since 2008, and the Y62 Patrol’s best individual month ever, which occurred in September (612 sales).
It’s a stellar performance that proves the esteem in which this legendary vehicle is held in Australia. And Nissan customers will soon have a new model to accompany them on their on- and off-road adventures, with the Nissan Patrol updated for the 2022 model year.
“The Nissan Patrol has always been a legendary vehicle in Australia, and that legendary status only increased in 2021,” said Nissan Australia Managing Director Adam Paterson.
“It’s a testament to the Y62 Patrol that its strongest year on record in Australia coincided with the model’s 70th anniversary, which proves the Patrol is only getting better and more popular with each new variant.
“The MY22 Patrol furthers the story in Australia, as the fan base for this legendary vehicle continues to grow.”
While the changes are evolutionary over revolutionary, they add another chapter to the Nissan Patrol story, which has now spanned 70 years, six generations, and more than two million sales.
The MY22 Patrol continues to be offered in two well-equipped grades, the Ti and Ti-L, both powered by Nissan’s powerful 5.6-litre V8 petrol engine, with 298kW of power and 560Nm of torque, and a seven-speed automatic transmission with manual mode and Adaptive Shift Control (ASC).
It’s a proven engine in Australia, and one that has carried owners – and their boats, trailers and caravans – on adventures right across the country, thanks to the Patrol’s 3.5-tonne braked towing capacity.
Capability remains assured, too, with the MY22 Patrol continuing to feature Intelligent 4X4 with electronic 4WD selection, a rear Helical limited-slip differential, an off-road monitor, Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist Control.
The MY22 changes focus on the exterior design of the Patrol, with Ti variants now sporting a new black grille, new brand emblem and new fender vent design, giving the Patrol a more modern appearance without changing its instantly recognisable attributes.
Patrol Ti-L variants also sport a new fender vent design and new brand emblem, but retain the chrome-slatted grille of the flagship variant.
The design changes follow an extensive update to the Nissan Patrol in 2020, which introduced an exterior refresh, improved ride comfort through changes to suspension tuning, a revised colour palette and included a range of added Nissan Intelligent Mobility safety technologies.
MY22 Nissan Patrol grades and equipment:
Ti (new items in red)
- 6 litre V8 petrol engine with 298kW and 560Nm
- 7-speed automatic transmission with Manual Mode and Adaptive Shift Control (ASC)
- Intelligent 4X4 with electronic 4WD selection
- Sports bumper
- Rear Helical Limited Slip Differential
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Off road monitor
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 18″ alloy wheels
- Heated door mirrors with power adjustment/folding and integrated indicator lights
- Audio system with CD/DVD, AM/FM radio, MP3 and USB / iPod* connectivity with Bluetooth® audio streaming
- Satellite Navigation with 8″ touch screen display
- Traffic Monitoring System
- 6 speakers
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone system with steering wheel controls
- Tri-zone climate control air conditioning
- 8 seat capacity
- 8-way power adjustable driver seat including height adjustment and lumbar support
- 6-way power adjustable front passenger seat
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Hydraulic Body Motion Control suspension (HBMC)
- Leather accented seat trim
- Automatic headlights
- LED front fog lights
- Follow Me Home headlight function
- Intelligent Key™ with remote keyless entry
- Intelligent Around-View Monitor with Moving Object Detection
- Intelligent Emergency Braking
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Intelligent Cruise Control
- Intelligent Lane Intervention
- Lane Departure Warning
- Blind Spot Warning
- Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention
- New Grille
- New Brand Emblem
- New Fender Vent Design
Ti-L (new items in red)
- 7 seat capacity
- Driver’s seat memory with two settings, including side mirrors and steering column position
- First row centre console cool box
- 13 premium BOSE® speakers
- Two second row seat 8″ entertainment screens with headphones and remote control
- Intelligent Rear View Mirror (I-RVM)
- Puddle illumination light
- Power operated tailgate
- Roof rails
- Sunroof (electric one-touch power tilt & slide) with Privacy Glass
- Heated and cooled front seats
- Tilt and telescopic electronically adjustable steering column
- Premium bumper
- New Brand Emblem
- New Fender Vent Design
|Nissan Patrol 2022 Pricing|
|Nissan Patrol Ti||$82,160|
|NIssan Patrol Ti-L||$95,115|
*Manufacturer suggested retail prices (MSRP) are provided for media purposes only and do not include statutory charges or other on-road costs.