Peugeot Launches 3008 And 5008 Crossway Editions
Peugeot Australia has launched a 100 highly specified Crossway SUVs consisting of 60, 3008 and 40, 5008 SUV.
The highly specified Crossway Editions add; Premium Focal 10-speaker audio system with sub-woofer, full alcantara trim with emerald stitching, Crossway pack (including badging, b-pillar motif and floor mats^), black diamond roof and chrome pack.
Peugeot Australia Managing Director Ben Farlow said that the Crossway Editions add further polish to an already highly awarded SUV.
“Peugeot customers appreciate style and the Crossway Editions deliver unique features that cannot be had on any other Peugeot SUV”,
“The added features bring more than greater value, they also bring greater enjoyment be it from the alcantara seats to the premium Focal audio, the Crossway’s have been devised to be enjoyed.” Said Farlow.
Headlining the bespoke equipment is the local first fitment of a Focal 10-speaker premium audio system to a Peugeot SUV.
Well known in audiophile circles and with more than 35 years of audio experience, Focal was bought in at the vehicle development stage to work side-by-side with PSA engineers designing a system that made best use of the 3008 and 5008s cabin.
Three years in the making, the Peugeot 3008 and 5008’s cabin features door moldings, floor mats, cabin materials and floor construction around the sub-woofer designed to specifically maximise the performance of the Focal system.
With design completed, 126 hours of further tuning work inside an anechoic (echo free) chamber were completed to ensure that the system met both Peugeot and Focal’s exacting standards.
This tuning was then backed up by 1,600 kilometres of on-road testing to ensure real world conditions did not degrade the systems sound quality.
The system boosts the standard vehicles eight-speaker, 160-Watt system to a ten-speaker, 12-way audio system developing 515 Watts of power delivered through four, inverted, 35mm tweeters, four 165mm mid-range woofers, a 80mm bespoke Polyglass membrane centre speaker and a 200mm woofer with Focal’s proprietary PowerFlower technology.
Inside the bespoke alcantara trim is punctuated by blue stitching to seats, centre armrest, door trims and steering wheel. These blue accents work in tandem with blue interior ambient lighting and in the case of 5008 Crossway floormats.
From the outside, all Crossway 3008 and 5008 SUVs are distinguished by Crossway badging, Crossway b-pillar motif, contrasting diamond black roof and chrome pack – punctuated by choice of four colours including Emerald Green, Artense Grey, Platinum Silver and Gust Blue.
The B-Pillar and badging features a four-point compass along with latitude and longitude co-ordinates, that pay homage to the geographic location of the factory from which the Crossway Editions originate.
Representing $3,700 in extra equipment, when compared to Allure variants, the 3008 Crossway will carry a recommended retail price of $43,490 for the 3008 and $46,990 for the seven-seat 5008 Crossway, arriving in showrooms from mid-February.
In addition to the bespoke content of the Crossway Edition, all examples are highly specified as standard and feature:
- 121kW turbo-petrol engine, with 6-speed Aisin automatic and paddle shift
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit with 8″ capacitive touchscreen
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit with 12.3″ 100 per cent digital head up instrument panel
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit – Compact leather-trimmed steering wheel
- MirrorScreen System (MirrorLink®, Android Auto® & Apple Carplay®)
- Active safety brake (including pedestrian detection)
- Active blind spot detection
- Active lane keeping assistance
- Advanced driver attention alert
- Adaptive cruise control with stop function
- 360° vision reversing camera and front camera
- Driver attention alert
- Traffic sign recognition / intelligent speed adaptation
- Wireless induction charging plate for compatible smartphones
- 18″ alloy wheels
- PEUGEOT Open & Go (keyless entry and start)
- PEUGEOT smart beam assist
- City park (parallel and 90° parking assistance)
- Grip Control with Mud & Snow tyres
- Hands-free electric tailgate
- Electric folding door mirrors
- Fabric door and dashboard inserts
- Satin chrome lower bumper highlights
- Third row seating (seats six and seven) – 5008 only
- 5-year unlimited km warranty
- 5-year roadside assist
^Crossway floormats only applicable to 5008 models