The updated MY19 Ford Everest will go on sale in September with increased equipment, new fuel-efficient powertrain choices and optional Driver Assist Technology including Autonomous Emergency Braking. Building on its 2015 launch, the MY19 Everest represents a significant evolution in safety, technology and design.
“Australians can expect to see impressive new content options including a 500Nm Bi-Turbo engine with greater towing capacity, push-button start and Autonomous Emergency Braking, offering state of the art technology while retaining Everest’s value proposition,” said John Willems, Chief Program Engineer, Ford Everest.
The Ford Everest’s Australian-led design, engineering and development has included testing at Ford’s You Yangs Proving Ground in Victoria, part of a grueling regime in which Everest was put through millions of kilometres of testing around the globe.
The MY19 Ford Everest comes with a five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty for ownership peace of mind. In addition, eligible customers can also benefit from Ford’s Service Price Promise and Auto Club Membership, Loan Car Program as well as Ford’s Low Price Tyre Guarantee (LPTG) which are available at participating dealers. The LPTG is a price match guarantee for customers that purchase select tyres from a participating Ford dealer.iii
Launched as a brand-new model in 2015, Everest has won a number of high-profile awards, including 2015 Drive COTY, 2015 4×4 Australia 4x4OTY, while the Everest Trend 4WD is the reigning Best 4WD with Drive.com.auiv. Everest has since expanded for even broader appeal to include both five- and seven-seat configurations, as well as rear-wheel drive models for customers seeking high ground clearance, easy entry/egress and strong towing capability.
In 2018, Everest sales have increased 43.7-per cent year-on-yearvin the VFACTS Large SUV segment, which has fallen 3.7 per cent. The overall SUV market in 2018 has posted 3.4-per cent growth, further underlining Everest’s broader range finding favour with Australian SUV buyers.
Ford Everest Ambiente (RWD/4WD*)
Ford Everest Ambiente RWD and 4WD now has SYNC® 3 with satellite-navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Autoii smartphone compatibility, making this technology standard across the Everest range. Externally, the new front grille and fascia design, coupled with halogen projector headlamps, deliver a more refined look complemented by a refreshed, darker interior. The Smart Keyless Entry and push button start/stop make hitting the road – and heading off-road – a seamless experience.
Standard equipment on MY19 Ford Everest Ambiente RWD/4WD:
Everest Ambiente Drivetrain:
- 3.2L turbodiesel 5-cylinder engine with 6-speed automatic
- Six-speed automatic transmission with sequential sports shift
- Trailer Sway Control
- Full time 4WD*
- Terrain Management System*
- Electronic locking rear differential*
- Hill Descent Control*
- Hill Start Assist
*Features exclusive to 4WD models: 4WD drivetrain, Terrain Management System, Electronic Locking Rear Differential, Hill Descent Control
- New front grille, bumper and fascia design (new to Ambiente)
- Halogen projector headlamps with manual headlamp levelling and bulb daytime running lights (new to Ambiente)
- Powerfold exterior mirrors (new to Ambiente)
- Smart Keyless Entry (new to Ambiente)
- Laminated acoustic windscreen (new to Ambiente)
- 17 x 8.0-inch alloy wheels with 265/65 R17 tyres
- Matching spare alloy wheel and tyre
- Manual rear liftgate
- Running boards
- Body coloured bumpers, door handles and exterior mirrors
- Automatic on/off headlamp
- Follow-me-home lighting
- Front fog lamps
- LED tail lamps
- Black roof rails
- Rear spoiler with high mounted LED stop lamp
- Front and rear mudflaps
- Push-button engine start/stop and new gear shifter (new to Ambiente)
- Refreshed, darker (‘Ebony’) cabin environment and decorative finishes (new to Ambiente)
- Five seats in fabric trim (with optional third row seat)
- Second row seat with 60:40 split-fold back; third row seat with 50:50 split-fold back (where fitted)
- Six-way manual adjustment (incl. seatback recline) driver’s seat with manual lumbar
- Four-way manual adjustment (incl. seatback recline) front passenger seat
- Driver instrumentation cluster with dual 4.2-inch TFT screens
- Cruise control with adjustable speed limiter and steering wheel mounted controls
- Dual zone climate control
- Rear auxiliary A/C and heater controls at back of centre console
- Overhead console with map lights and sunglass holder
- 30 stowage areas (totalling 48L)
- Intermittent variable speed front wipers
- Power windows with one touch up/down and global open/close
- Active Noise Cancellation system
- Driver only floor mat
- Pollen air filter
Figures based on ADR 81/02 (combined cycle) tests are for vehicle comparison purposes only and unlikely to be achieved. Actual fuel consumption/emissions will depend on factors like the driving conditions/style and the vehicle’s equipment and condition.