The 2020 Volkswagen T-Roc
Volkswagen’s SUV range is completed in November with the arrival of the T-Roc 110TSI Style, the “sweet spot” of the brand’s long-anticipated compact SUV range.
Priced at $33,990 (rrp), the T-Roc 110TSI Style fits neatly into Volkswagen’s showroom between the T-Cross 85TSI Style and the T-Roc 140TSI Sport, said Volkswagen’s Director of Customer Experience and Marketing Jason Bradshaw.
“While there will be updates to the existing SUV range, including certain of the special editions that are so popular with Volkswagen customers, the T-Roc 110TSI Style is the major variant we’ve been awaiting to complete our SUV showroom,” Bradshaw said.
“The T-Roc 110TSI Style is the sweet spot in Volkswagen’s new compact SUV range; a bridge between the T-Cross Style and the T-Roc Sport. Because such a competitive price has been secured for the T-Roc Style, it takes the place originally envisaged for the proposed four cylinder version of the T-Cross. Since its April release, the T-Cross has received particular praise for its frugal, feisty three-cylinder engine variants.
“The T-Roc Style is also an alternative to the more traditionally designed the Tiguan 110TSI – Trendline and Comfortline – so Volkswagen has provided more choice for customers without unnecessary showroom duplication. Based on the Golf’s platform and with a drivetrain from the Mark 8 Golf range, the T-Roc Style is the perfect representative for Volkswagen at this price position in the thriving compact SUV segment.”
The more affordable of the T-Rocs is powered by an 110kW/250Nm 1.4 litre turbocharged petrol engine that achieves 6.2L/100km fuel consumption. Drive is sent to the front wheels via an 8-speed automatic.
The T-Roc Style is available in a unique range of exterior colours, each highlighted by a contrasting gloss black roof, windscreen pillars and door mirrors.
|T-Roc 110TSI Style||$33,990 RRP|
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake (City EB) and Pedestrian Monitoring
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Assist
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert
- Park Assist and Rear View Camera (RVC)
- LED headlights with Light Assist
- Dual zone climate control air conditioning
- Composition Media 8″ infotainment system with App-Connect
- Keyless Access and power folding door mirrors
- 18″ Montego Bay alloy wheels
- LED interior ambient lighting
- 445 litres of luggage capacity
- Rain sensing windscreen wipers
- Automatically dimming rear-view mirror
- Chrome roof rails
- Front seat lumbar adjustment
- Comfort front seats
- Carpet mats, front and rear
- LED tail lights
- 8 speed automatic transmission
- Front wheel drive
- Electro-mechanical power steering
- MacPherson strut front suspension
- Torsion beam rear axle
- Electro-mechanical parking brake
|Sound & Vision package||$2000|
Digital Cockpit, Discover Media navigation system, beats premium audio system
Vienna leather appointed upholstery, heated front seats, panoramic electric glass sunroof, electrically operated tailgate
All new Volkswagens come with a five year factory warranty. As with the rest of Volkswagen’s range, the T-Roc will be offered with a three-year or a five-year Care Plan at $1300 and $2100 respectively, the latter plan saving the cost of the first service.