The New Honda Accord Pricing And Specifications
Honda Australia has announced pricing and specifications for the all-new 10th generation Accord ahead of its arrival into Honda dealerships around the country in December.
The all-new Honda Accord is the most sophisticated, fuel efficient and comfortable Accord ever, delivering a new level of emotional appeal and premium quality to the flagship sedan.
All-new from the ground up and built on a new platform, the 10th generation Accord provides even more refined and engaging performance, a more stylish interior and improved packaging, as well as the latest advanced Honda Sensing safety and driver-assist technologies.
The flagship passenger model in Honda Australia’s line-up, the latest Accord takes an entirely new approach to performance by featuring two advanced new turbocharged and electrified powertrains – a new 1.5-litre DOHC direct-injected VTEC turbo with dual Variable Timing Control (dual VTC) and a third-generation Intelligent Multi-Mode Drive (i-MMD) two-motor hybrid system that utilises a 2.0-litre DOHC Atkinson-cycle engine paired with two electric motors.
“In recreating Accord for its 10th generation, Honda’s designers and engineers sought to convey ‘absolute confidence’ in every element of design and performance,” said Honda Australia Director, Stephen Collins.
“They have built upon the bedrock character of Accord over 43 years and nine generations, and while we don’t have large volumes in mind for this car, it is certainly one that is important to the Honda line-up.
“The all-new Accord also marks the return of Honda’s hybrid technology to the mainstream Australian market, supporting the company’s global electrification strategy and our aim for 25 per cent of the local range to be electrified by 2025.
“With the exception of NSX, this is the first hybrid in our local line-up since 2016 and understandably the Australian market and consumer preferences have evolved in that time, so it’s great to be able to give Honda customers that option once again.”
One Model, Two Engines
The all-new Accord is available in a single, feature-packed VTi-LX specification level for the Australian market, but with the choice of two powertrains – a 1.5-litre turbo petrol with CVT or a two-motor hybrid system utilising a 2.0-litre Atkinson-cycle engine paired with two electric motors and an E-CVT.
The Manufacturer’s List Price for the Accord VTi-LX with the 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine and the most comprehensive package of standard equipment and features ever offered on Accord is $47,990*, while the Accord VTi-LX with the hybrid powertrain is $50,490*, a reduction of $8,500 or 14.4 per cent compared to the previous generation Accord hybrid.
Virtually everything on the Accord is new and substantially reengineered. Major new engineering features and technologies for the 10th generation Accord redesign include:
- 29 per cent ultra-high strength steel, the highest ever for a mass-produced Honda
- ACE™ front body structure with crash stroke design
- Laser-brazed roof skin
- Rear crush zones with Softzone technology
- First use of structural adhesives in Accord
- First application of acoustic spray foam to Accord
- More aerodynamically efficient: a three per cent reduction of CdA
- Lighter – 19kg, body-in-white
- More rigid (+24 per cent torsional stiffness, +32 per cent bending stiffness)
- Active Shutter Grille
- Aluminium intensive front suspension with new ultra-rigid aluminium & steel subframe
- Multi-link rear suspension with floating subframe
- Two-Mode Driving System
- Dual-pinion, variable-ratio electronic power steering
- Electronic Brake Booster (EBB)
- Electric Parking Brake (EPB) with Automatic Brake Hold
- Six per cent lighter chassis (excluding wheels and tyres)
- New 18-inch alloy wheel design
- 1.5-litre direct-injected VTEC Turbo® with dual Variable Timing Control (dual VTC)
- Third-generation Intelligent Multi-Mode Drive (i-MMD) two-motor hybrid power unit
Connectivity and Driver-Assist Technology
- Standard Honda Sensing™
- 8-inch Display Audio
- 6-inch Head-Up Display (HUD)
- Remote engine start/stop
- Audio system Internet connection using Wi-Fi
- Wireless device charging#
Accord VTi-LX is available in four main exterior paint colours – Platinum White (P), Lunar Silver (M), Modern Steel (M) and Crystal Black (P), while Passion Red (P) has been reserved exclusively for the Accord VTi-LX with the hybrid powertrain.
The most dramatically-styled, premium and fun-to-drive Accord yet, the all-new 10th generation model will go on sale around Australia in December 2019.
Please link to the PDF version to view the full press release and more details on the all-new Accord.
Further information on the new Accord is also available at: www.honda.com.au/accord
2019 Honda Accord pricing
|VTi-LX||1.5L Turbo||$ 47,990|
|VTi-LX||2.0L Hybrid||$ 50,490|
* Manufacturer’s List Price (MLP) excludes Dealer Delivery and statutory charges.
^ Fuel consumption & emissions figures based on ADR 81/02 combined test results
# Requires smartphone with wireless charging capability
(M) = Metallic paint
(P) = Pearlescent paint